Galleries and Grounds
The Fulbright Peace Fountain and Sculpture in the center of the university’s historic
campus core highlights the U of A’s collection of outdoor art. The Silas Hunt memorial
sculpture and Courage to Lead, a bronze sculpture by Native American artist Denny
Haskew, are also located in the same area of campus.
The Fine Arts Center, built in 1950 and designed by renowned architect Edward Durell Stone, features the
Fine Arts Gallery, Fine Arts Library, the University Theatre and Stella Boyle Smith
The Fine Arts Gallery features a robust rotation of exhibitions of student artwork
in all media. Open every day except Saturday, the gallery sometimes displays the work
of visiting artists and professors, who also provide lectures and guest studios.
The Jim and Joyce Faulkner Performing Arts Center hosts many performing arts events on campus including theatrical performances staged
by the Music Theatre, Shakespeare Theatre and Boar’s Head Summer Theatre. The facility
also hosts university musical groups such as the University Symphony Orchestra, Concert
Band, Wind Symphony, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Concert Choir and Master Chorale.
The University Theatre, operated by the department of theatre, starts its theatrical
season in the fall with dramas, comedies and musicals performed and produced by a
student cast and crew.